CIMVHR Fellowship Application
The CIMVHR fellowship initiative recognizes leading Canadian experts in the field of military, Veteran and family health research and well-being who demonstrate exceptional leadership and/or research advancements within the field.
Completed nominations must be submitted no later than Friday August 5, 2022 at noon.
Once appointed, a CIMVHR fellow will:
- Promote CIMVHR’s mission within communities of researchers, clinicians, and policy makers;
- Inspire participation and leadership in CIMVHR’s scientific activities – especially amongst new researchers;
- Engage with researchers and policy makers to extend CIMVHR presence in their region;
- Encourage the development of research networks that benefit military personnel, Veterans and their families; and
- Serve on the Fellow Nomination Executive Committee.
A nominee must be nominated by at least one nominator who is involved in the CIMVHR network. Self-nomination is not permitted.
In nominating a candidate, the nominator should consider the candidates leadership, eminence, mentorship and accomplishments along with the following:
- The nominee’s primary affiliation within a Canadian community of military, Veteran, family health research.
- The nominee must be a military, Veteran and/or family health researcher. They may represent any discipline.
- Demonstration of encouraging the development of research networks that benefit military personnel, Veterans and their families.
- Examples of promoting CIMVHR’s mission within communities of researchers, clinicians, policy makers, and/or the military, Veteran and family members.
- Inspiring participation and leadership in CIMVHR’s scientific activities – especially amongst new researchers.
- Outstanding achievements within the military, Veteran and family health and well-being leadership and/or research field.
Nominations must include the following:
- a completed nomination form;
- a Biography of Achievements
- a minimum of two letters of support (letters must be no more than 2 pages in length); and
- the nominee’s curriculum vitae or bio (5 pages maximum).
- Nominations shall include evidence to support claims of the nominee’s distinguished contribution to the MVFH field.
In making its decision on whether the nominee has delivered distinguished service to military and Veteran and family health research, the Fellow Nomination Committee shall examine only the evidence provided to it through the nomination.
Current staff, advisors and scientists of the CIMVHR organization are not eligible for nomination.